We, Bharat Broadcasting Network Limited (hereinafter “JAIHIND TV”) & its partners, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy as a browser to our website.
This document (read together with our “terms and conditions”) sets out how any personal data sought or collected from you is processed by our website. When you click on our webpage, universal resource locater (URL) to get onto our webpages and content links thereon you are deemed to have agreed be bound by this policy as updated from time to time. So please read this document and take a print out of the same for future purposes. This policy will tell you about:
1. Who we are
2. What data we collect
3. What we do with this data
4. Where we store this data
5. How long we store your data for
6. Steps taken to keep data safe
1. WHO WE ARE:
JAIHIND TV is the data controller (for the purposes of applicable data protection laws in India). We make an annual notification to the appropriate regulatory agency. We own and/or operate content relating to a large number of News, Current affairs, Business, Lifestyle and Entertainment into our web sites (including mobile applications/apps). We refer to our sites and apps as, collectively, the “Services” within this policy. Some of our terms will make reference to our Partner Sites and any reference in this policy to “us” or “we” or “our” will include our Partner Sites. In addition to the partner sites, our digital partner Agileblaze Technologies Pvt Ltd also has access to the data which is also covered under the same policy.
2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU: We may collect and process different types of information about you. Some of this data is considered to be Personal Data (that means you can be identied by it including Sensitive Personal Data) and Anonymous Data (that is data that you cannot be identied from).
(a) Information we collect if and when you sign up for any of our add on Services: We may seek and collect your personal details including but not limited to your real name, user name, address, telephone, email address, date of birth, race, religion, sexual orientation and any other information you submit when you create a profile and sign up to our Services
(b) Data we collect in respect of customer service and support
If you contact our customer support or others, we will keep any information you provide to us including records of correspondence.
(d) Information we collect from partner networks that you use some of our Services have the ability to link your use of the Services to other social networks you might have access to. If you have an account with another social network e.g. Facebook, you can share the data you have on our site with that network. To enhance your experience and create a personalized service we may ask you to login to your Facebook account. By doing so you grant us access to your information stored on your Facebook profile including without limitation your personal information, photographs, videos, interests and locations.
When you login to the other network or install our app, we will receive the basic information from you including but not limited to your name, photos, gender, networks, user ID, friends list and any other information you make public and your email address. If you have logged into other social networks and linked them to any of our profiles you grant permission for us to post updates, including location information, on your behalf therefore please exercise caution. You can turn on location data – see below.
(e) Information we collect about your location We can collect location data from your computer and/or mobile device. When accessing the Services from a mobile device you will be given the option to allow location sharing with our application. If you do not wish to share your location data with us please exercise due caution to turn o this feature by following your mobile device instructions to do so. For national security reasons, we are required to track your IP address if you are using a computer to access the Services. If you are using a mobile device we use GPS with an accuracy range of 20 to 100 metres. We also use your location data to research our own Services, develop new products and improve our Services, including using third parties to help us either provide the Services to you or develop new ones, and target advertising to suit your user experience. Your devices can give us lots of information about the device including the brand, model, version of operating system, installed app details, email accounts, mobile carrier and so on. We may also connect your account with location data from Foursquare and can show your Foursquare check ins on our map within some of our Services.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION We process data we collect from you for the following core purposes: To administer your browsing activity with us (including notifying you of any announcements, updates, special offers or services, should you consent to this); To help us improve the structure, layout and usability of the Services; To allow you to participate in any future interactive features of the Services (including the features that require the mobile phone number); To help personalise your repeat visits to and usage of the Services; To provide you with information on products or services or news and offers that you request from us (see below under ‘Marketing’ for more information); To answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send to us; To notify you about changes to our service or the functionality of the Site; To carry out market analysis and research; To ensure that you are complying with the terms and conditions of use and to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
(a) Creation of duplicate profiles across our Partner Sites If you sign up to any one of our Services we will send you an email shortly afterwards advising that we have created a prole on our websites to enhance your browsing experience. When we email you about this you will have the option to decline this service, which costs nothing extra.
(b) How we use your information about your Contacts If you choose to upload your Contact’s name and email address and/or mobile number you are allowing us to send an email or social network or mobile invitation on your behalf, inviting your Contact to join the Services. We will store your Contact’s name and email address solely for the purposes of inviting them to sign up to our Services and for associating your Contact with you and other people they may know. If your Contact does not want us to store their email address / Mobile Number which you uploaded to our Services, they can ask us to remove it by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(c) We will not store your Contacts information after invitations (up to a maximum of 3) have been sent. Your Contacts will then only receive future emails from us if they choose to accept the invitation and join our Services, or if you use any of our tools to share experiences with your Contacts and you input their email address for us to use again.
(d) When we are called upon disclose your information to third parties and why We may be required by law e.g. through potential or actual litigation, court order, public or governmental authorities, or rules and regulations within or out with your country of residence to disclose all or part of your information to third parties. We may also deem it necessary to make such a disclosure in the event of an issue of national security, law enforcement or other such similar situations as we deem necessary including, for example, allegations of alleged infringement of copyright, trademarks or other third parties’ rights by users. We share your personal information with our partner service providers in order to provide their Services to you including those parties who assist us with information processing, credit and payment processing, fulfillment of your subscription order, managing and hosting data, conducting consumer research or satisfaction surveys. These disclosures relate to providing our Services, improving our Services and delivering targeted advertising to you. We do not provide your contact details to third parties for direct marketing by them to you.
(a) When we market to you directly about our products and services. We may share your information with our Partner Sites and Group Companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising to you of our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, or to help us to prepare marketing reports. We may send you information about our Partner Sites and Group Companies’ products and services, news and offers, and selected third party products and services that we think may be of interest to you. We may do this by contacting you through your email address or mobile phone number that you have provided. Any communication received from us, as consented to by you, will clearly state that it is being sent by us. You have the option to opt-out of our marketing communications at any time (see below).
(b) When third parties market to you If you have consented to receive marketing communications from third parties, your data may be passed on to such third parties as we enter into data sharing agreements with, from time to time, for marketing purposes. We cannot be held liable for the content of the third party’s communications or products/services they are promoting. If you have provided this consent, but change your mind, you can opt-out at any time (see below). Please be advised that you will also require to contact the individual third parties who have been marketing to you if you wish to stop receiving their communications directly.
(c) Opting Out of Marketing If you change your mind about the marketing consent you have granted to us, you can amend your preferences under the “My Account” section of your chosen Site or emailing us at email@example.com
7. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR DATA FOR Generally speaking, we only store data for as long as it is necessary to provide products and Services to you and others, with information typically being held until you cancel your membership.
8. KEEPING YOUR DATA SECURE Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or user ID code which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping the password or user ID code confidential. We ask you not to share a password or user ID code with anyone.
11. LINKS TO OTHER THIRD PARTY WEBSITES Our websites, apps, and promotional materials, may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our third party networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
12. ADDITIONAL PRIVACY PROTECTIONS FOR CHILDREN USING THE INTERNET We do not solicit or target persons younger than legal age for collection of information online. Our Site does not permit children under the age of 18 to become users and we do not accept any information from children. By submitting information to us you represent that you are over the age of 18. We encourage minors to seek the consent of their parents before providing any information about themselves or their households to anyone on the Internet. We encourage parents to take an active role to protect the privacy and security of their children and to prevent the inappropriate use of information about their children. We support the development of technologies that help parents to control the collection and use of personal information from children who use online services in their households.
Rashtra Deepika Ltd owns and runs various sites like Deepika.com, rashtradeepika.com,
deepikamatrimonial.com, visitorkerala.com, deepikaclassifieds.com, etc. Thus the term ‘Rashtra Deepika Services’ here stands for all these sites and its businesses. (These sites will be collectively referred as “The
Site”, “We” or “Us”.
Submission and collection of information on Rashtra Deepika Services
Directly collected information from the user at the time of registration.
Every user must submit certain information such as full name, email address, year and date of birth, zip code and country, and so on for creating a profile (also called “Account”) with Rashtra Deepika Ltd. This information is a must for a user to become a registered member.
Information We Collect
In order to provide you an access to our services, Rashtra Deepika Ltd. collects a certain number of non-personally identifiable information about the visits of any user at the time when he/she uses our services. Our server receives and records all information-details about the type of browser and computer you are using. The collected data include the IP address, type of browser, other software or/and hardware information, etc.
In cases if Rashtra Deepika plans to combine the collected information with your provided personal information, for the sake of providing the right sort of messages we should send to you, we will surely gain your consent before combining them. Third parties, who support Rashtra Deepika Services by providing various services or advertisements, may collect data about you using these techniques. We do not hold any control over these technologies used by the third parties, as they will be used in accordance with their privacy policies.
Use of Information
We use every piece of information collected from our users as well as information about ‘the user’ for the
i. TO PROVIDE AND IMPROVE OUR SERVICES: We use information for providing better services to you. We also use them to improve our services – to deliver more relevant contents, customer support and to respond to your clarification seeking messages.
ii. TO CONTACT YOU: Contacting you is one of the major aims behind collecting your personal
information. We require information about you to send you promotional letters and notifications about our services periodically. We mainly send them through the email that you offer at the time of your registration. However, you are given the opportunity to control or stop our email notifications.
iii. TO ENABLE THIRD PARTIES TO ASSIST US IN PROVIDING BETTER SERVICES: We provide
non-public personal information to the third parties including contractors, various agents or sponsors, etc., for offering you better services. However, these third parties are to use the provided data only for the specific service that they render to our Site.
iv. TO PROVIDE THE RIGHT KIND OF ADS: We use your information to provide you right kind of ads through the right kind of advertising networks. In any of the cases, we share none of your personal information to these third parties but only those which are strictly non-personal. They are provided only to serve you in a better way but in any case, if they collect any of your information (as mentioned above); we are not responsible for it.
Disclosure of Information
To protect the rights of Rashtra Deepika Ltd as well as our users, Rashtra Deepika Ltd may disclose your information under certain circumstances like:
1. To protect the legal rights or assets of Rashtra Deepika Ltd, its affiliated companies, or their
employees, agents and contractors.
2. to safeguard the security of Rashtra Deepika Ltd users or of the public,
3. for risk management purposes,
4. to prevent fraud use of our site,
5. and finally to comply with the state and Indian law or legal process.
We may also share your information at times when the Company is merging with or selling some or whole of its assets. Under this case, the information is strictly passed on only to those parties engaged in the transaction.
Comments on the site
Public posts and information including your comments and posts are always public and anyone can access them. They will be displayed along with the commenting user’s name, replies to the comment, likes, profile information, etc. Further, these sorts of information might be shown up in search results on external search engines.
With a view to improve our Services and its quality we may enhance the available information by receiving information from the third parties. For example when you access our services through a third-party, we may collect your public user ID and profile-picture which are associated with that third-party service. In addition to it, we may also collect other information which you permit the third parties to share with us. In both cases when you access the Rashtra Deepika Services through a third party or a third party through Rashtra Deepika Services, you permit both the parties to have access to, store and use your information. The use of your
Cancellation of Account
Cancellation of your account always remains at your discretion. You are given the option to delete your account at any time. However, we may retain some copies of your provided information (not all but those which you have shared with a third party), even after you delete your account. We may also retain some part of information as part of internal security policies or so as to comply with the applicable laws. Remember your account may be accessible on the search engines for a shorter-while-more as there may be a delay in the removal of your content.
Location of Data
Rashtra Deepika Ltd considers the privacy of our users as important as that of ours. And so we make use of all available measures including technical, administrative, personnel and physical measures to prevent any sort of loss or theft of the collected information. Further we take all necessary steps to prevent unauthorized use,
modification and/or disclosure of the information you provide.
While visiting the Site, you may find links leading to other websites which are either our “affiliated sites” orsites of third parties. Once you reach any of these sites using the provided link, you are out of Rashtra Deepika Ltd.’s site and we are not responsible for the contents provided on these sites.